Sunday, July 22, 2012

Doing What I Love to Do!


Once again this year, I will spend an exhausting and rewarding week teaching at the IECA Summer Institute held at Swarthmore College. It never ceases to amaze me that I learn from my colleagues and students at least as much as I teach. In addition to feeling that I am helping to safeguard the profession by teaching would-be consultants the best practices that IECA holds dear, I find the time spent with knowledgeable colleagues, who love being IECs as much as I do, to reaffirm my commitment to my students and their families. It is a wonderful commentary on life when one can earn a living doing what she loves to do.

The profession of Independent Educational Consulting is a young one, a bit more than 30 years old, and I have been privileged to be part of it for the last 17 years. Those years have been ones of growth, organization, and acknowledgement by other groups that IECA is the premier representative of IECs who are ethical, trained, and professional. Members of this wonderful organization take great pains to keep their skills up-to-date, continue their professional development, do pro-bono work, and keep the good of the client foremost in their minds. I am privileged to be part of this wonderful group.

No comments:

Post a Comment