Friday, November 20, 2009

Back Home Again

It is wonderful to be back home again and to touch base with clients and friends in order to share that which I learned in the last two weeks. I saw some exciting colleges while I was away, many of which I had seen before but the changes on their campuses were amazing. A few whom I had not seen that challenged some opinions about them which I had heard from others and caused me to evaluate them in terms of the students to whom I could recommend them.

One of the most exciting things about educational consulting is the constantly changing landscape of colleges which we must keep up on in order to properly serve our students. Although this necessitates a great deal of travel, I find that it keeps me interested in the issues which a good consultant must be interested in. Among these are the changes we find on campuses in both programs and facilities; the financial considerations that we need to know in order to help families make the best decisions for their students; and the general changes to the college process which is a dynamic one.

To do these things well, it is critical to keep up with professional development and attending IECA conferences over the years is one of the best ways I have found to keep abreast of developments in all these areas. It is not only the informative breakout sessions that help me learn but it is also the conversations with colleagues from around the country and the world that help. Keynote speakers are the icing on the cake. Anyone who wants quality training in this industry must turn first to IECA to ensure that they get the best of the best.

Charlotte Klaar

No comments:

Post a Comment